15 February 2008

A New Malaysian Van Dort family addition

With my random research, mostly through the Internet, I cam across a Post submitted by David Stanislaus Van Dort at Ms. Mascha's Guest Book. David is from Kuala Lumputer and fortunately he left his email address and some particulars about his family background.

Two weeks ago, I found his daughter, Marie-Jeanne's "Friendship Blog" listed on the Internet but I could not go further as Marie-Jeanne has secured her Blog for only her friends.

I have sent David an email providing him the details of his ancestry. It is not surprising that he is a descendant of the Patriarch, Cornelius Jansz Van Dort. I still need David to provide me with more details.

At the moment, David's forefathers is explained as follows:


1. David's father Richard Van Dort is the son of Richard Alexander Van Dort.

2. Richard Alexander Van Dort had 12 children by
marriage. He is the son of John William Van Dort.

3. John William Van Dort had 3 children. He is the son
of Justinan Arnoldus Van Dort.

4. Justinan Arnoldus Van Dort had 6 children. He is
the son of Adriaan Van Dort.

5. Adriaan Van Dort had 10 childen. He is the son of
Petrus Van Dort.

6. Petrus Van Dort had 11 children. He is the son of
the Patriarch, Cornelius Jansz Van Dort who emigrated
from the Netherland to Ceylon in 1700.

This means tat there are "unknown" and unrecorded Dutch Burgher Van Dorts from Ceylon
who have emigrated to British Malaya. If the research that I did with the help of David's Post
and Mr. Fazli Sameer's detailed Van Dort Genealogy, proves to be correct, it is tenable that Richard William Van Dort is the fourth and new addition to the other three known Dutch Burgher emigrants to Malaysia. The other three being Augustus, Aelian and Lewellyn Van Dort.

How am I related to David Stanislaus Van Dort?


I traced the roots and the Genealogy records point to the following:

1. David Stanislaus Van Dort is a 6th generation (inclusive) from the family house of Adriaan
Van Dort, the son of Petrus Van Dort.

2. I am also a 6th generation (inclusive) from the family house of Leonard 
Van Dort, the son of Petrus Van Dort.

And Petrus Van Dort was one of 5 children of the Patriarch, Cornelius Jansz Van Dort.

Honestly, the geometric progression that affects genealogy makes it next to impossible to
classify in what mode is David and I related. Definitely we are cousins by family blood.

While I am still on this new discovery, I wish to add another separate discovery. It concerns a
Ms. Suzanne Van Dort who lectures Art at the International School in Kuala Lumpur. I sent an email to the School's Head, requesting him to notify Ms. Suzanne about this Blog and my
intentions to get her family background. The Head has confirmed that he would notify
Ms. Suzanne and that it is up to her if she wished to pursue further with me.

I hope to hear from Ms. Suzanne.


E & OE

0 comments: